Lock washers for high-strength, normally pre-tensionable bolt connections (HV)
The Nord-Lock SC lock washers have wedge surfaces on one side with a cam angle greater than the pitch angle of the bolt thread. Radial teeth can be found on the opposite side. The washers are supplied in pairs with the wedge surfaces glued to one another. When the bolt and/or nut is tightened, the opposing wedge surfaces and the external radial teeth create a seal with the surrounding material. Movement is only possible between the wedge surfaces. Any attempt from the bolt/nut to rotate loose, for example due to vibration, is blocked by the wedge effect creating increased pre-load. The connection can be loosened manually once the increased pre-load is overcome.
- Maximum safety against working loose from vibrations and dynamic loads
- Easy installation and removal using standard tools
- Can be used up to bolt grade 12.9
- Can be used in same temperature range as the bolt
- The connection can be unscrewed and secured again at any time
Washers glued in pairs || Discs glued in pairs || Washers glued in pairs